About Dr. Thomas
Dr. Clifton Thomas believes in providing tremendous value to his patients and knows that the cost of weight loss surgery is a big concern. One of the biggest questions is “How much does weight loss surgery cost” and “Does my insurance cover weight loss surgery”. His office is excellent at guiding patients with financial questions.
Dr. Thomas is known for his operative skills and making the whole process simple. Nurses often ask him “Why do your weight loss surgery patients do so well and have so few complications, post op pain, or post op nausea?” The answer is always the same. “It’s lots of little things and they add up”.
Dr. Thomas has 20 years experience as a Weight loss Surgeon and is a change eating habits expert.
He and his Houston weight loss surgery team will get the weight loss surgery insurance or no insurance - cash options process completed efficiently and following surgery Dr. Thomas will guide you to better eating habits."Weight loss surgery is only a tool to change eating habits and one only gets long term weight loss success to the degree eating habits change." Dr. Thomas knows how to get it done.
Dr. Thomas has 30 years experience performing outpatient hiatal hernia surgery for HEARTBURN and REFLUX to resolve symptoms and become pill free. GERD.
The Proton Pump inhibitors (Nexium, Dexilant, Prilosec, Protonix) pills have risk of worsening cardiovascular, stroke, and dementia risk. Surgery is low risk. Dr. Thomas will share more for you to decide.
- Featured in the 2008 acclaimed TLC documentary “Half Ton Mom” where he along with “My 600 pound life” surgeon Dr. Younan Nowzaradan affectionately known as Dr. Now did the largest laparoscopic gastric bypass in the world.
- Author of “Skinny Jeans at Last, Secrets to Long Term Weight Loss Surgery Success” and “The One Hour Power Diet”
- Host of Change Your Eating podcast
- Regular on several TV shows: Great Day Houston, Houston Life, and Wake UP TV
- Pioneer of Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication for GERD as a treatment for Heartburn symptoms and Hiatal Hernia, especially for those that wish to avoid the adverse effects of proton pump inhibitors like Prilosec, Protonix, Omperazole, Dexilant, and Zantac.
- One of the first five surgeons in Texas approved by the FDA to perform the Lap Band in the year 2002.
- Began performing the Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass in 2000, and the gastric sleeve 2008.
- One of the first surgeons given the Center of Excellence designation by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, ASMBS.
- Nutrition expert, Weight loss expert, and a Change Eating Habits expert.